Friday, May 18, 2012

Emmett Kelly

Grant had his 4th Grade state speech to do this week!  He was calm and cool and I was more nervous than he was!  His state was Kansas and he had to pick someone from the state and do a speech about them in 1st Person!  He chose Emmett Kelly.  I really didn't know much about Emmett Kelly, but he was a very interesting man.  I was planning to paint his face up like Emmett and get some clothes, but I luck up and found a mask so I didn't have to paint him up!  We also did an 1100 piece puzzle of Emmett Kelly as his extra credit to turn in.  I have pictures below from Grant dressed up and his puzzle we put together and framed!


This is the puzzle that we did and then I framed it.  
I am going to hang it in my classroom after this year is over!

Grant as Emmett Kelly!!

Emmett Kelly the "Hobo" clown!

Mrs. Phillips wanted to take another
picture without his mask!  He was ready
to take it off, because he said it was HOT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment