Wednesday, November 27, 2013

October month in Review!

So it has been a little while since I have updated my children's blog!  With Grant and Madison and all their extracurricular activities... by the time I get home I just want to relax with the family and leave all computer related things off!

In October we had our annual Grandparent's Day program at school and Grant being in 6th grade they always lead the program.  It was a great program and very sweet for all the grandparents in attendance.  Here are some of the pictures from Grandparent's Day on October 4th, 2013.






Also in October we had the annual Octoberfest in Hohenwald.  We of course did the car show and crafts!  Here are some pictures from then.



                                We had a great time with the family and riding in the car!


In October at Columbia Academy, Grant was Super Student in his 6th Grade class.  Each student gets to be a super student.   During this time the parents have the opportunity to brag about their child and share all their accomplishments thus far!  Grant wasn't surprised and was a little mad about that, but being a teacher at CA I needed to create his board and plan his day and wanted him involved so I spilled the beans and told him so he could help me!  We provided lunch for his class in honor of his special day and created a board all about him!  Danny and Carolyn was able to come and share this special day with him!  Carolyn helped me the night before to create his board so it would be ready for his special day!  I have some pictures to share.

 They recognized Grant during our Chapel time at CA.  They announced Grant as the super student and all the family got to come down while Mr. Hill read off all his accomplishments etc.
They then took a family photo of us all!

This was Grant's special board that Carolyn and I created for Grant that hung right by his classroom for all his classmates to enjoy.  It hung in the hallway for about 2 weeks!  He was proud!

Next we visited Lucky Lads farm with Grant and Madison and had a great time.  It was the first time we have been there. Here is the link to  Lucky Ladds Farm  I have some pictures to share from our time there.

 Grant would pose for a few pictures but he is not
into all the pictures like Madison is!  

 He liked climbing up on the truck so
he liked posing for this picture!

 Madison loved the dog, 
she wanted to take it home!

 We all had to get behind the pumkin!  
I am in the middle of this one!

 Eric is in the middle of this one! 
 Madison loved the pony!  
This is what she wants.....

 She loved playing at Lucky Ladds!

 This was the pedal cars they had for you to drive.
Grant, Madison and Eric took a whirl!
I took pictures!

 They do love each other sometimes!

 They loved this chair!

 Madison and Grant on each end swinging!
They liked this too!

 Madison and Grant posing with the watermelon!

 Madison loved the tire swing!

 Cheese!

 Pumpkin Peak photo!


As you can see they all had a blast and we 
will be returning next year!


Next I will share some Halloween pictures!  I have a few of Grant and Madison and myself!







No comments:

Post a Comment