Friday, July 29, 2011

Week in Review!

This week we are winding down and ending summer!  Can you believe summer is already over!  I start in-service next week so we are gearing up ready to hit the books!  Grant and Madison have their backpacks ready with all their school supplies and lunch box!

I have pickled okra for the first time.  I hope it is yummy!  I have had pickled okra before and liked it so I wanted to try to make it myself.  The only downside is it takes 6 weeks before I can get into my jars!!!  Here is a picture of Grant helping me pickle okra!
 Grant likes to help he just doesn't 
like the smell of all the vinegar etc...

peppers and okra for pickling

Madison and Grant have been helping me get my room ready for my upcoming 5th Graders!!  We went by yesterday and put the finishing touches on my classroom door.  It was all Grant's idea and it turned out great!  Grant and Madison have been a big help all summer since I had to move my whole classroom back to the main campus this summer. They have helped me get my room organized and clean.  Here is a picture of Grant and Madison after we got my door ready yesterday!
The door says "We're going to have a BLAST in 5th Grade"
That was all Grant's idea and it looks great!  Madison put the pink
planet "Saturn" at the bottom.  She said it needed it on the there 
and it looks great!  Thank you Grant and Madison for helping me!!

We also helped out a friend yesterday by watching their children for a few hours.  Here are some pictures of them playing and having fun!
 Grant, Grace and Lucas having fun on Grace's 4-wheeler.

Zach is pretending to ride Madison around on his 4-wheeler!

Madison loved playing with Zach!

I loved this picture, they both have red cheeks from playing outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment