Friday, June 15, 2012

Green Beans!

Well, when we got home from swimming lessons we rested a bit and then I knew I needed to go pick green beans.  I had already picked our green beans twice so this would be the third picking.  I stayed out there for around an hour and this is what I picked!  Green beans galore!

 This is the beans I picked yesterday and there are plenty 
more that were smaller that will be ready in a few days!  
I put the green beans in fridge last night and
 Madison and I broke them today!


 Madison helped me break the beans!
Thank you Madison for helping mom!

 Snap!  Not too hard!

 Great job, she loves to hear it snap!
Madison thinks it is fun!  
It was the first time!  :)

All our beans washed and broke!  
Now I am going to boil and freeze!
Too bad Madison and I are the only ones that like them!!

I made a wonderful recipe I found on Pinterest last night with my fresh green beans!

You take about a pound or so of fresh green beans wash them and dry real well. Salt and pepper the green beans and then take about 8-10 green beans (leave the green beans full length)  and wrap a piece of bacon around them and put in a casserole dish.  When you get them put in the dish put 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 cloves of garlic minced  and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and mix together in pan on stove until melted.  Take a pastry brush and brush over all the green beans wrapped in bacon.  Put in a 400 degrees preheated oven covered for 35 minutes. Uncover and put for an additional 15 - 20 minutes depending on bacon.  

That was my supper last night and it was yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment