Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Green Tomatoes!

Well our garden is doing well!  I have already ate peppers, onions and squash out of the garden.  The last two years we have had some problems with black birds pecking the bottom of the tomatoes after they are ripe.  I researched ways to prevent this and one of the things it talked about was having a motion scarecrow.  So I looked that up on the Internet and it is actually a sprinkler that sprays water when it senses motion.  It has worked wonderful!  I picked 12 cups worth of Green Tomatoes to make Pickled Green Tomatoes.  Grant was complaining a little about the vinegar odor but he did help me out when I started canning. 
Cooking the tomatoes, onions, peppers and vinegar and sugar!

Getting the jars and rings and lids ready to can.

Grant helping me put the pickled tomatoes in the jars.


 He was happy to help me.

These are all the jars we canned!

No comments:

Post a Comment